Yes, In My Back Yard!
The YIMBY Committee campaigns to engage residents and legislators in embracing both the idea and the reality of more affordable housing in our community.
We seek to understand concerns that residents have and to provide accurate and encouraging information about affordable housing, perceptions of risk, and benefits to the community. Our activities include:
- Creating and delivering workshops for a new affordable housing curriculum to be rolled out in January 2020
- Developing a series of videos to use in advocacy work
- Advocating for local municipalities to use their municipal-owned property to develop affordable housing
- Supporting new development of affordable units through advocacy
- Managing Joining Forces' website, social media, and other communications
YIMBY Committee meetings are currently on the first and third Monday of the month at 4:00 p.m.
To join the YIMBY Committee, or just to request Zoom information to check out the next meeting, send an email to email@example.com.