Please join us as we march in the Evanston July 4 parade. Here are the logistics and opportunities to participate—for you, your families, your friends. Kids love being in the parade!
Before the Parade:
- We will assemble between 12:00 and 1:00 at the meeting place—Cowper Ave. just south of Central (2019 Sector Map.pdf).
- We will have drivers transporting people from the Lake St. Church to the beginning of the parade. Let me know if you need a ride or can help with the driving.
- I also have parking permits for the Ryan Field parking lot where the end of the parade is. If you’re driving and want to park your car there, let me know. I’ll give you a permit, and we may be able to arrange for a ride from the lot to our starting point in the parade.
- Between 1:00 and 1:30, we will get everyone set up with their “uniforms” and learn some quick marching drills.
- Between 1:30 and 2:00, we will be directed to take our places.
During the Parade:
- The parade starts at 2:00 and will go until 3:30 or 4:00.
- We will have some bottled water and snacks in our minivan that will be in the parade. Bring anything else that you may want (we can carry it in the van).
- Wear comfortable shoes and be prepared for weather.
After the Parade:
The parade ends at Ryan Field. We will have cars to help people get back to downtown Evanston or public transportation. You may have to wait while we make multiple runs, depending on how many drivers we have.
Thanks! If you are going to march in the parade, I will be in touch.